What’s Happening at Graphic Classics
OUR LATEST VOLUME:
• New this mont is a unique entry in the GC series, Canine/Feline Classics: Graphic Classics Volume 25. This two-in-one book is half dog-themed stories, and half cat-themed stories. Included are stories by Ray Bradbury, P.G. Wodehouse, Robert J. Burdette, James Anthony Froude, O. Henry, Ambrose Bierce, Algernon Blackwood, Franz Kafka, Saki, Joe R. Lansdale, Joseph Jacobs and Robert E. Howard. Plus a traditional Indian tale and poems by Carl Sandburg, Edward Lear, Oliver Goldsmith, H.P. Lovecraft and guest editor John Lehman. The two covers are by Toni Pawlowsky.
illustrations ©2013 Milton Knight
• Artists for the book include John Findley, Shary Flenniken, Randy DuBurke, Shepherd Hendrix, Evert Geradts, Neale Blanden, Johnny Ryan, Dragan Kovacevic, Jeff Bonivert, Jim McMunn, Hunt Emerson, Senthil Kumar, Milton Knight, Vincent Stall, Lisa K. Weber, Mary Fleener, Lance Tooks, Skot Olsen, Pat Lewis, Allen Koszowski, and Peter Kuper.
• Next up, for May 2015 is Vampire Classics: Graphic Classics Volume 26. This book, with famed horror writer Mort Castle as co-editor, will feature an adaptation of the 1922 silent film Nosferatu, by Tim Lasiuta and Craig Wilson. Plus stories by Bram Stoker, Ray Bradbury, Robert E. Howard, H.G. Wells and Robert Louis Stevenson. With art by Rick Geary, Tim Truman, Mark Nelson, Gerry Alanguilan, Shepherd Hendrix and Jeremy Love.
• Diamond Comics Distributors, the largest distributor of comics and graphic novels in the world (including Graphic Classics®) has released their list of recommended titles for inclusion in the American Library Association's Common Core Standards curricula. Among the 101 featured titles are 22 Graphic Classics volumes.
The Common Core concerns basic standards in learning for all schools in the US, and a curriculum based on materials that fit those standards and topics. Common Core guidelines call for “non-traditional media," including graphic novels.
• Please check out our Special Offers page, featuring rare out-of-print and foreign language editions of Graphic Classics.
• Our collection of e-texts of the original stories from which Graphic Classics are adapted continues to grow. The collection will eventually encompass all GC stories and poems in the public domain.
FREE PDF CATALOG: